Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of foot:
- noun: travel by foot
Example: "He followed on foot"
- noun: any of various organs of locomotion or attachment in invertebrates
- noun: a support resembling a pedal extremity
Example: "One foot of the chair was on the carpet"
- noun: the foot of a human being
Example: "Armored from head to foot"
- noun: the lower part of anything
Example: "Curled up on the foot of the bed"
- noun: a member of a surveillance team who works on foot or rides as a passenger
- noun: a linear unit of length equal to 12 inches or a third of a yard
- noun: a foot of a vertebrate other than a human being
- noun: a group of 2 or 3 syllables forming the basic unit of poetic rhythm
- noun: an army unit consisting of soldiers who fight on foot
Example: "There came ten thousand horsemen and as many fully-armed foot"
- noun: lowest support of a structure
Example: "He stood at the foot of the tower"
- verb: pay for something
Example: "Foot the bill"
- verb: add a column of numbers
- verb: walk
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #27703)
Search for foot at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for foot (New!)
Copyright © 2016 Datamuse